Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Book Review: Thanks for the Memories



supposedly, i need to return this book by yesterday
past the due date already!!!
please don't fine me...gulp

i try to bring myself to review every books that i read or borrowed
so, this one is no exception
i have one more lining up, will tell about that later
by the way, i'm not going to give comments and critics, or such
maybe just a very brief and short review
because i know i'm not good at writing looooong words or sentences, huh

Thanks for the Memories is the very first Cecelia Ahern's novel that i read
what can i say, i fell in love with her style of writing immediately
please take note that i still haven't read her very famous best-selling P.S. I Love You yet

the story revolves around 2 individuals who never knew each other, a man and a woman
and each of them belongs to their own different world
when an incident took place, one of them are suddenly overwhelmed with a very strong sense of deja vu which she can't relate into in any past events of her life

err...i am going blank right now...pfttt
so, if any of you who can't never get enough of modern fairy tales, i strongly recommended this one

owh, please let me share some of the excerpt from this book;

`I am five foot five, with medium-length hair that lands on my shoulders. My hair colour is midway between blonde and and brown. I'm a medium kind of  person. Not fat, not skinny; I exercise twice a week, jog a little, walk a little, swim a little. Nothing to excess, nothing not enough. Not obsessed, addicted to anything. I'm neither outgoing nor shy, but a little bit of both, depending on my mood, depending on the occasion. I never overdo anything and enjoy most things I do. I'm seldom bored and rarely whine. When I drink I get tipsy but never fall over or get ill. I like my job, don't love it. I'm pretty, not stunning, not ugly; don't expect too much, am never too disappointed. I'm never overwhelmed or under it either; just nicely whelmed. I'm OK. Nothing spectacular but sometimes special.'  



No comments:

Post a Comment